Leonardo banner

Iraqi Shiite militias claim responsibility for a new attack against a US base in Syria

The Pentagon spokesman said US military bases in the Middle East had been attacked at least 27 times

Baghdad
,

© Agenzia Nova - Reproduction reserved

The Islamic Front for Iraqi Resistance, an alliance of Shiite militias linked to Iran, claimed responsibility for an attack carried out today against a US military base located in the north-eastern province of Al Hasakahin Syria.


“Islamic resistance fighters in Iraq have launched a missile attack on the American occupation base of Al Shaddadi, south of the Syrian city of Al Hasakah, and hit it,” the Iraqi Islamist Breakfast said in a statement. Meanwhile, a new convoy of forces from the International Coalition against the US-led Islamic State has entered north-east Syria from the Al Waleed border crossing with the autonomous region of Iraqi Kurdistan.

According to reports from the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (Sohr), a non-governmental organization based in London but present on the ground with a rather vast network of local sources, the convoy is made up of 40 trucks, fuel tanks and military equipment and it is headed right for the Al Shaddadi base.

Last Tuesday, October 31, the Pentagon spokesperson Patrick Ryder had said that US military bases in the Middle East had been attacked at least 27 times in the past two weeks, including 16 times in Iraq and 11 in Syria.

Read also other news on Nova News
Follow us on the social channels of Nova News on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Telegram

© Agenzia Nova - Reproduction reserved

CORRELATED ARTICLES

Latest news

Franco DiMare

Journalist Franco Di Mare has died in Rome

Rai, after reporting the news, expressed its condolences in a note

Schlein: “In these European elections our opponent is not just the right, but indifference”

The words of the secretary of the Democratic Party arrived during the event "For a human, concrete, sustainable Europe", in the Sala della Protomoteca in the Campidoglio
Giuseppe Conte

Conte: “The government follows Orban's model on discrimination related to sexual orientation”

"The 5 Star Movement is at the forefront of this. We support the introduction of equal marriage in Italy", adds the five-star leader

Meloni met with representatives of Business 7: "The market can only be free if it is also fair"

President Meloni illustrated the priorities of the Puglia Summit scheduled for 13-15 June

Turin: Marco Porcedda is the new Security Councilor chosen by Mayor Lo Russo

The choice of mayor Stefano Lo Russo comes after the resignation of Gianna Pentenero, who is now a candidate for president of the Region

Other news

Afghanistan: three Spanish tourists and an Afghan killed in a shootout, the EU condemns the attack

The European Union condemned "in the strongest terms the armed attack against a group of foreign tourists visiting Bamyan"

The St. Petersburg Arbitration Court seizes assets from Unicredit for 463 million euros

According to Farnesina sources, the matter will be addressed at Monday's meeting of the "Russia Table"
hostages (IDF photo)

The spokesman for the Israel Forces announces the recovery of the bodies of three hostages from the Gaza Strip

"This terrible loss is heartbreaking. My wife Sara and I mourn with the families; all our hearts go out to them in this time of great pain," Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu said in a statement

Rome: from bicycle thieves to snack thieves, peak in thefts in schools south-east of the city

Every weekend there is a long list of school buildings targeted by thieves on days when schools are closed

Dominican Republic: presidential elections on Sunday 19th, the favorite is the outgoing Abinader

Challenging the current head of state are eight candidates including former president Leonel Fernandez and former speaker of the House Abel Martinez