She's dead Michelle Boldrini, the thirty-nine year old tourist from Sarnico, in the province of Bergamo, who had been hospitalized for a week at the Aga Khan hospital in Mombasa, in Kenya, due to the burns reported in thefire at the Italian resort Barracuda Inn in Watamuwhich took place last week. The information portal in Italian "Malindikenya.net" gives the news.
The woman, who was on holiday together with her cousin Mattia Ghilardi, originally from Valtellina, was at the end of her holiday and should have left the next day. Precisely for this reason, instinctively the two, instead of running away quickly from the hotel, had tried to go back to their room to retrieve their travel documents and some personal effects. But within thirty seconds the flames had gotten so close that the two were engulfed in tremendous heat and suffered severe burns.
The doctors of the Star Hospital, who provided first aid to the two and to the other hospitalized tourist, a Neapolitan woman, immediately judged Michela Boldrini in serious condition even if at first it was hoped her life was not in danger. The woman was transported to Mombasa and immediately admitted to the intensive care unit of the Aga Khan. Despite the necessary treatments, the conditions of the tourist from Bergamo worsened day after day, until they seemed irreversible. The Italian embassy in Kenya, through the honorary consulate, followed the sad story right from the start, in contact with the local authorities and provided assistance.