The Armed Forces of the South Korea are preparing to restore one of the military posts that had been disarmed along the militarized border between the two Koreas, in response to similar initiatives taken in recent days by the North Korea. This was reported by the newspaper "Korea Herald", which cites anonymous sources familiar with the matter. North and South Korea had each demolished 10 guard posts along the Demilitarized Zone following an agreement to reduce military tensions between the two Koreas, leaving one each intact but disarmed due to their historical value. The South Korean armed forces are reportedly preparing to restore this installation, located in Goseong, about 155 kilometers northeast of Alone. According to informed sources, the symbolic site, one of the first guard posts established after the 1950-53 Korean War, could be restored to routine operations relatively quickly. South Korean troops are also preparing equipment for temporary surveillance posts and weapons in response to the redeployment of troops and heavy weapons of the North Korea along the border, according to sources.
La North Korea announced on November 23rd the immediate restoration of all military measures interrupted under the 2018 inter-Korean military agreement, thus responding to Seoul's decision to suspend part of the agreement after the launch of a military spy satellite by the North . North Korea's Defense Ministry said it would no longer be "bound" by the military agreement, and that Alone will have to "pay dearly" for the decision to renege on the commitments undertaken by the two countries. “We will immediately restore all military measures that were discontinued under the inter-Korean military agreement,” the ministry said in a statement carried by the official news agency.Korean Central News Agency” (“Kcna”). “We will reverse military measures taken to prevent military tensions and conflicts in all spheres, including land, sea and air, and deploy more powerful armed forces and next-generation military hardware to the region along the Military Demarcation Line,” the statement reads. , which refers to the de facto border between the two Koreas.
La South Korea had in turn announced on November 22 the restoration of enhanced active surveillance measures along the de facto border with North Korea, suspending the military agreement that the two Koreas had reached in 2018 following a historic summit between their respective leaders of State. Seoul's decision comes in response to the launch of the first North Korean spy satellite, which took place on XNUMX June Pyongyang and officially claimed yesterday by that country. The decision to suspend the agreement was approved by South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol, who after the launch of the satellite took part in an emergency meeting of his national security council via video link from London. In a note released by the Korean Presidency Office, the president stated that through the launch of the satellite, North Korea aims to strengthen its surveillance capabilities against South Korea, and to further advance its ballistic technology applied to development of intercontinental ballistic missiles.